1930's Farmer's Wife QAL

Do you believe it we are only one month in and I am already behind. Thats ok. Christmas holidays are not that far away. What did I just say Christmas.......

It was so nice not to have anything on this weekend, no sport, music birthday parties or activities. We just stayed home. Kids watched movies, played games, chased the dog around and just hang around and ate ice cream.

And I got to sew..... So it was time to do some catching up on my 1930's Farmer's Wife Blocks.

I am so glad I saved this fabric for the perfect project. They are coming along so well and are so fun to fussy cut.

This is Block No.14 - Betty. This may be my new favourite.

Block No 14 Betty

And it wasn't until I took the photo and posted it on Instagram that I noticed that one of the points was way out. Its all fixed now after some unpicking and sewing back together again.


Block No. 20 Caroline was next. I didn't do any fussy cutting on this one. This will be an easy one to place either square or on point. I'm not placing all the blocks on point, I am planning on alternating them between square and on point. I'm yet to decide if I'm going to use charcoal/grey or white fabric as the sashing. Well I have some to decide.... What do you think I should use?

Block No 20 Caroline

And another cute one, Block No.13 Belle. I just love those girls on little bikes. This one was a little harder to put together and it's not perfect but I'm leaving it.

Block No 13 Belle

 That is all I have time for this weekend. As I look at the calendar for next week, I pout my lip... I don't think I will have time for any sewing......

Happy sewing
Filomena xx


Comments