My Simple Six Inch Sampler Quilt

As most of you all know I just can't help but start new projects. A couple of very talented ladies over on Instagram were showing off some beautiful blocks and I just loved admiring them. The blocks were part of a quilt along. It's called the #simplesixinchsampler, if you are over on Instagram go and have a look. There are so many gorgeous blocks. Well, after a few weeks I just couldn't just look anymore I had to be part of it. 

Weathervane
The blocks are part of an App called Quick & Easy Quilt Block Tool and is available through iTunes. It is so super easy to use and I just love that it will show you the cutting list for multiple sizes of the same block.


So far I have made 8 blocks out of the 40 that are part of the quilt along. What I really love about the app is that I can just take my iPad to the cutting mat to cut out my fabrics. I don't have to run back and fourth from the cutting mat to the computer or print anything out.

Formal Garden
The fabric I am using is Pedal Pushers by Lauren & Jessi Jung for Moda Fabrics. I think fabric is gorgeous. Love the red and the navy blue and lets not forget the gorgeous aqua colour and the bits of yellow fabrics just ties everything together so nicely.

Ribbon Star
The block above is my favourite star so far but there are so many nice ones still to come. At this stage I am going to sash them in a dark grey. I think the blocks will just stand out beautifully against the dark sashing. I so want to start putting them together but I have a long way to go still and I want to make sure I get the balance right before I start sewing them together. 

Shoofly
Anyone else want to share a great App they use in their quilting.

Talk soon 
Filomena xx

Comments