Catching Up...

I have been doing a fair bit of casual teaching at the moment, which is great for the bank balance, but not for my craft time. By the time I pick up the kids, head home, a quick tidy up, dinner, help with homework, put a load of washing on and I am exhausted. Just this week I worked 4 out of the 5 days. Phew!!!

Now I have tried to put in a few minutes in here and there to do some things and I even made a quilt for my mum for Mother's Day a few weeks back.


I made her this quilt using various Civil War fabrics. And used the Road to Tennessee block pattern. I quite like it and was thinking it would look really cute as a little mini too. I think I will have to try it another time, finish some things off first hey.....


I quilted it by doing random loops all over and it come out really nice. You can't go wrong with random loops really. And I also used a variegated brown cotton to do the quilting. I originally had something more detailed in my head, but time was a constraint.


Here it is draped over her bed.


Rolled up quilts look so nice don't they.


Even though I have other quilts to make first I did start another quilt that was not on the list of things to finish off this year. But it was just too cute and a few of the ladies at patchwork group are making one as well.



The pattern requires that you use tone on tone fabrics. I don't really have any tones on tones in my stash and I really wanted to use what I had. So I did something on the spur of the moment. I cut into my 1930's fabric collection. I have been collecting 1930's fabrics since I started quilting. And the stash is getting quite big now, they are always such happy looking fabric.

This block is so cute. The lady at patchwork made a quilt using these blocks. She thinks she got it from a magazine long long time ago. But she can't remember and I have looked for hours for it on the Internet for this block with no luck. So I have started taking step by step photos and will post a tutorial on how to put the block together very soon.


Here are my first 3 blocks finished.


And I really love this peach one.


Well 3 blocks finished and 9 more to go. Will update you as I go. So as you can see I made a quilt to give away started a new quilt and didn't touch any of my half finished projects that I have marked as got to get finished this year....... Better get to it......

Chat again soon Filomena xx

Do you have fabric that you just hold onto for that special project?


Comments