Vegetable Slice Recipe

I am trying more and more to add vegetables that my kids will eat without a fuss to our dinner menus. I am sure they are like a lot of kids, they just look at the veggies on their plate and look back at me and say "Do we have to eat all of this!" or I get "Why don't you make things we like?" my response "Just eat it" it happens every time. Except for last night when I made this........


I used vegetables I had in the fridge, but you could add more of your favourites if you wanted. Zucchini would have been good but I didn't have any on hand. Do you believe 2 of the kids even asked for another piece..... yes success........

Here are the steps if you want to have a try....

1 medium Carrot grated
1/2 red Capsicum chopped
4  Broccoli florets chopped
4 Cauliflower florets chopped
3 Rashers of Bacon chopped
3 cubes of Frozen Spinach
2 handfuls of grated Tasty Cheese
I cup of Frozen Peas Corn and Carrots
Pinch of black Pepper
6 Eggs
1 cup of Self Raising Flour








The great thing is it all goes into one bowl, give it a good mix so that there are no clumps of flour and everything is coated. If it looks to dry you can add a splash of milk or another egg. Depending on your taste you could add salt now too, I didn't as we are not big salt eaters and the bacon would have added enough salty taste to the dish.

Scrape into an oven proof dish lined with baking paper.


You can see this mixture is quite wet but not runny.

Bake is an oven set at 170 degree Celsius for 35 -40 minutes or until golden brown on the top.


This is it straight out of the oven.


It was so delicious. This could be served hot or cold and easy to pack into kids lunch boxes as well.

I'm going to enjoy the last little piece for lunch today...

Have a great day
Filomena xx

Comments