Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

I just wanted to let you know of a project I am working on this year. It is called the Crochet Mood Blanket 2014. I first saw it on Instagram - frofunky and I then joined the group on FaceBook. You can make a square a day or a square a week. Well you know I can't help myself I had to challenge myself and do a square a day. I have fallen behind a couple of times and then busily catch up after a few nights. Well I got back on track for the end of January. Now the aim is to keep up for February. It should be easier with the kids all back at school now.


The hardest part of this project was to decide on the pattern and yarn to use. It took me a few days and then decided on this block, I had taught this block in one of my crochet classes last year and it looked really pretty, and I already had the Patons Cotton Blend yarn in lots of beautiful bright colours.


I love stacking them up to see how big its getting and I do find myself laying them out and admiring how it is all coming along.


The idea of the mood blanket is that each day you choose a colour that suits your mood for that day. So my very middle circle is my mood colour and the rest is just random choices. The only thing is I have moved them stacked them and un-stacked them so many times I no longer know the order. That's OK I will probably mix them all around when I put all the squares together. Which is one thing I haven't decided how I will do yet.


The best bit about doing squares is that they are easy to take with you wherever you go. I always take a few colours and hook with me. Over the weekend I took the kids to the pool. And it was my opportunity to sit without being interrupted and do some crochet square catch up.



How happy they all look laid out.



I will keep you posted how the Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 is going as it grows.

Have a great day.
Filomena xx

Comments