What I have been working on lately....

As most of you know I always have a number of projects going at any one time. And I always like to have one that I can take with me on the go. At the moment though I have three on the go projects that need completing. Well one by the end of the week.

In a previous post I showed how to cut 8 Half Square Triangles in one go. I was then left with a few of these made. So I made up a few more and put this dear little quilt together. I just love it.




I still have the binding to sew on. I really like the red border and the strip binding. The fabric line I used for the quilt is Walk in the Woods by Aneela Hoey for Moda Fabrics. She has so many cute fabrics.

This next project I started last year and I do a row or two whenever, well now I want to get it finished by the end of the week and give it my son Andrew for his 8th birthday. So I have been taking it everywhere with me and I just have a few more rows to go and I'm done.


 I have also put up a tutorial on how to do the granny ripple you can find it here.



And my final long term project is my hexagon quilt. Now don't laugh! I need to get this finished by November for a quilt show I am entering it into......


I love stacking them up like this.

I know I know I need to get cracking if this is going to be a queen size. My plan is to finish the crochet blanket and then get working on these hexagons day and night. The fabric for my hexagon flowers are Etchings by 3 sisters for Moda Fabrics.

So how many big projects do you have going at any one time?

Filomena xx

Comments

  1. Busy girl... Your quilt looks great, loving the red polka dot and stripey borders they set off the quilt nicely. The crochet blanket is something I'll be working towards now that I have started the crochet lessons, by the way love the chair.
    I've done things with Hexi's before and they will keep you busy, looking forward to seeing the end result. As for myself there are so many things I would love to start but what and when is the question.
    Keep on stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many projects to think about! I am going to have to do a list so I have a goal to work towards. Could be a scary number of quilts, I think. Well done with the quilting of the triangle quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment