Homebaked lunch boxes.......

Now that I am home and have much more time to bake I have making more of the items that goes into the kids lunch boxes. So today the kids have Honey Joy slice. When I make them I make double the batch and make it three different ways.

First here are the ingredients you will need.

180g of Butter ( I use unsalted)
2/3 cup of sugar
3 Tablespoons of Honey.
8 cups of Cornflakes.

Measure out the 8 cups of cornflakes into a bowl. (do this first there is no time to do this later)




Place the measured butter, sugar and honey into a saucepan and heat while stirring over medium heat until it all melts and starts to bubble.


You will notice it will start to froth. remove from heat and pour straight over the cornflakes. Stir so the honey mixture covers all the cornflakes.

Then you can do what you like.

I put some into cupcake cases, and some I press into a slice tin.



Put into a 150 degree Celsius oven for about 5 - 8 minutes.

I then melt some chocolate and cover half the slice and sprinkle with either hundreds and thousands, choc bits what ever I have in the cupboard.

When cooled I cut them into slices and they are ready for their school lunch boxes the next day.




Quick, easy and my kids love them.

Comments